Baseball and other things

This past month has been crazy! We put both Brighton and Adaira into Baseball (Adaira is actually T-Ball through Chandler Girls Softball, Brighton is with Chandler Youth Baseball). We have had several games and practices a week for the past 5 weeks and it has kept us busy. This was Brighton's first year so he had a lot of catching up to do compared to the other boys on his team, but he has had a great attitude and a desire to learn. He's really improved a lot this season and does so great considering when we started he didn't know how to throw, catch, or bat.
The last game of his he hit the ball every time he was at bat. I love being able to cheer on my kids!

Adaira's league is all about socks and hair ties. She loves her girly ribbons!

Adaira is totally built like a softball player, I hope she stays interested.



I thought this video was so cute when I recorded it, but came to find out after the game that Brighton was mortified and so embarrassed about it. He was called out for carrying the bat with him and it was the second out in the last inning, so the game ended pretty soon after this. As we were leaving I could tell he was trying to fight back tears, and as I talked to him he just broke down crying. He couldn't believe he carried the bat with him to first base. I told him a few silly and embarrassing things I have done in sports (like shoot at the opponents hoop in basketball) and he said, "Yeah, but have you EVER seen someone carry a bat to first base before???" Poor kid. I think after 30 minutes of encouragement he was able to let it go.



On to updates about Ms. Daisy. She is our skinny little baby! She has had clogged tear ducts since birth and so have all my other kids, but hers are just taking a long time to clear up, hence her sad looking eyes in almost all of our pictures.
 We started baby food just after she hit the four month mark and she hasn't met a food she doesn't like, and she is always hungry. Three baby food meals a day is the minimum for this girl!
 She is starting to teeth and had a a few weeks where she always had her tongue out of her mouth, I think she liked to rub it on her bottom gums.
 Sits with support
 Stands with support

Really gets around in her walker!


 The older Daisy gets, the more she doesn't look like Adaira to me, she looks like Brighton (pic of him below)
 Daisy gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth. She doesn't go any direction but backwards at this point though.

Could she look more like her Daddy in this picture?


I love this cute little bundle!

This is what my older two kids do when they have the camera...



I have maintained for a long time that Adaira has Justin's features, she definitely has his eyes and eye structure, and her mouth (and I'm pretty sure her nose) comes from his side too, but there must be something about her facial structure that comes from me because she totally reminds me of myself in the picture below.

She loves Daisy, unfortunately she is too forceful for Daisy's liking...


Dale... what can I say? He has taught me much patience, but I'm really growing tired of his constant shenanigans (constant is no exaggeration). He is still speech delayed and is having an assessment this week for Arizona Early Intervention. Based on his initial evaluation he is more than delayed enough to qualify for special services. It's kind of sad that I'm happy about this because that means he can go to Priority Preschool (offered through Chandler USD) this fall and it's free! The thought of having Dale-free mornings almost makes me giddy. They even provide bus transportation! The end of July can't come soon enough...

 This was him right before it was time to leave for church. He sure knows how to put a smile on my face.
 A minute later he decided the helmet might be more appropriate for Sunday worship.

I had to throw in a picture of Justin and I. Not the best picture, but we get very few with us together during our normal day to day lives. 

The latest update on the Lazy "O" urban farm. We are raising our own Thanksgiving dinner this year...
 Our Ram is growing quite nicely
 We hope there are babies cooking in our Ewes...
 Our 19 chickens are producing an average of about 15 eggs a day. I barter about 3doz eggs a week with a friend who gets fresh bread from a bakery in Mesa for me. We trade one loaf per doz. The same bread costs me $2.25 through Bountiful Baskets, so I'm happy to barter. We sell the excess eggs for $2/doz. Sometimes it's fun to just go out and watch the animals. As it warms up I don't think I'll enjoy it much, but for now they entertain me.



Comments

Justin said…
I think Adaira reminds you of me when she makes silly faces and reminds you of you when she makes a nice smile. Or more simply silly = me, beautiful = you.

Popular posts from this blog

Daisy's baptism day