Just some random pics! Our camera busted and for a few weeks we really didn't take many pictures. We just got our new one but sadly I kinda need to adjust to taking pictures all the time again. It just doesn't occur to me to grab the camera now :(
One of Brighton's front teeth are loose. I have been strangely dreading the day when he loses his front teeth. It's like he's truly getting to be a big kid when those big awkward teeth start growing in rather than his cute baby teeth. I don't look forward to it at all. When he told me it was loose I grabbed the camera and made him smile so I could get some good pictures of his cute "little boy" smile before it turns into a "big boy" smile. It's starting to occur to me, just in the last month or two, that my children are growing up way too fast, and that perhaps it's time to slow my life down a bit. I never thought I'd want to quit my job, but a feeling it starting to develop in me that now is not the time I should be working, and that I need to enjoy my kids a little more. I've only been working 11-14hrs a week, but it has been very hectic for me to work and try to make work happen around Dale's nap time, Adaira's preschool time, and Brighton's bus schedule time. I've come to accept that my time as an adoption caseworker will begin to wind down this year, and I will be okay with that (hopefully!)
Here Dale is testing me. He keeps his mischievous smile while backing down a little bit, but he will pop right up again in a few seconds.
Dale LOVES to play outside. Some days when he is being a super whiner, I just open the door and let him explore outside. I check on him about every 3-4 minutes, and he has a great time and doesn't get bothered at all that he is out there by himself.
I added this video to show Dale's cute little personality. He is very vocal, but doesn't have any actual words yet. He says DA DA, but not MA MA. He shakes his head from side to side for "yes" and when you ask him for a kiss, or "loves" he puts his cheek to your mouth but he WILL NOT give kisses. In his lifetime I've only been able to get Dale to give out maybe 4-5 kisses. He just doesn't like to do it, and I don't know why because he sure gets them all day long from the rest of us! I just can't get over how cute he is. I love watching him in the stage he is in right now. He has such a little personality and he is trying SO hard to talk and explain himself. He is a ball of fun, most of the time...
One of Brighton's front teeth are loose. I have been strangely dreading the day when he loses his front teeth. It's like he's truly getting to be a big kid when those big awkward teeth start growing in rather than his cute baby teeth. I don't look forward to it at all. When he told me it was loose I grabbed the camera and made him smile so I could get some good pictures of his cute "little boy" smile before it turns into a "big boy" smile. It's starting to occur to me, just in the last month or two, that my children are growing up way too fast, and that perhaps it's time to slow my life down a bit. I never thought I'd want to quit my job, but a feeling it starting to develop in me that now is not the time I should be working, and that I need to enjoy my kids a little more. I've only been working 11-14hrs a week, but it has been very hectic for me to work and try to make work happen around Dale's nap time, Adaira's preschool time, and Brighton's bus schedule time. I've come to accept that my time as an adoption caseworker will begin to wind down this year, and I will be okay with that (hopefully!)
I have to include the sweet smiles of my other two kids.
This is Dale's "yeah I know I'm doing something wrong and I know you think I'm too cute to get mad at" face. He seriously makes this face whenever he is doing something he shouldn't (like standing up in his high chair). I've never had such a problem with keeping a child seated in his high chair!Here Dale is testing me. He keeps his mischievous smile while backing down a little bit, but he will pop right up again in a few seconds.
Just wanted to throw in these out-takes that Adaira took:
Dale LOVES to play outside. Some days when he is being a super whiner, I just open the door and let him explore outside. I check on him about every 3-4 minutes, and he has a great time and doesn't get bothered at all that he is out there by himself.
I added this video to show Dale's cute little personality. He is very vocal, but doesn't have any actual words yet. He says DA DA, but not MA MA. He shakes his head from side to side for "yes" and when you ask him for a kiss, or "loves" he puts his cheek to your mouth but he WILL NOT give kisses. In his lifetime I've only been able to get Dale to give out maybe 4-5 kisses. He just doesn't like to do it, and I don't know why because he sure gets them all day long from the rest of us! I just can't get over how cute he is. I love watching him in the stage he is in right now. He has such a little personality and he is trying SO hard to talk and explain himself. He is a ball of fun, most of the time...
Comments