Summer leftovers


When you are behind on blogging it's really hard to keep everything organized when you update, and though I've already done 2-3 posts on summer, here is another one for the "stragglers" 

August 24, 2013
Daisy in the van at the ward campout. She is such a stinker in the car and is always dashing to try and get in and get to the back before I can grab her. She opens and closes the doors and the garage (if we are at home), turns on all the lights and windshield wipers, and leaves garbage everywhere (said garbage shouldn't even be in my car but that's another story)


August 26, 2013
No we aren't at the lake, it is irrigation day! I really don't know why Daisy is in a dress because this wasn't on a Sunday. I encourage my kids to run wild in the irrigation. I did it as a kid and continued doing it as a teenager and a couple times (with a boogie board) as an adult!

A wet trampoline is a FUN trampoline
As if there wasn't already enough water in the yard...
Daisy waiting to be hosed down so she could go inside, lol

September 7, 2013
Justin and I have been trying to take turns taking our older three kids on "dates" by themselves at least once a month. The rule is the entire date can't cost more than $10, so it could be a trip to the dollar store, out for ice cream, the dollar theaters, etc. Occasionally when the opportunity arises we go over the $10 limit, and this was a date that technically did, even though it didn't ;)

A friend of ours sent out a mass email to a couple of guys saying he was going to take his kayaks up to the Salt River and asked if anyone wanted to come, and he happened to have a two-seater kayak. There weren't any other boys going, but Justin thought Brighton would have a good time and I think they ended being one of the only people that went with our friend. So the kayaks were free, the gas to get there and lunch/snacks weren't, but they got to spend some quality time together.
 
Unfortunately Brighton wasn't that impressed by the slow moving activity, and reported afterwards that it was pretty boring because they just stayed in their kayaks and never "stopped to play"
Dad selfie

Brighton selfie
Bald eagle in a tree on the river bank = PRETTY AWESOME

Brighton got a little "play time"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daisy's baptism day