Father's and Sons
By Justin

Brighton and I went camping on the Mogollon Rim for the Fathers and Sons campout. It snowed that day but by the time we got up there that evening most of the snow had melted off. It was chilly and it drizzled starting about 8 PM and into the night. It froze at night and many of us didn't sleep too well. Brighton and I slept OK. We both were cold and woke up several times but were able to go back to sleep. By 6 o'clock we were up and working on the fire again. It was a constant effort because all of the wood was wet. I wished someone hadn't misinformed me that fires were forbidden because I could have easily brought some wood from home. Oh well. I hear the bishop spent most of the night in his truck. And many others fared much worse.


I helped with the Elder's Quorum breakfast and Brighton had some alone time with other boys eating and playing in the fire. The only casualty was a small ball he got from a Sonic Kids Meal. For some reason Brighton was testing it to see if it would burn. He was very upset when it did for some reason. I had to promise him we could go by Sonic again on the way home.

The air mattress blower helped keep the fire going. Brighton was happy to play in the fire.

Hey Mom, we brushed our teeth, once at least.

Brighton still found time to read. He finished up Indian in the Cupboard this weekend. It's over 180 pages and finished it in just over a week!For some reason Brighton wanted to keep hiking and didn't want to stop for the photo on the rim.

Once the sun came up it melted then dried the ice on our tents and it warmed up to the 50's pretty quickly. We went on a short hike with some of the group then Brighton and I found a spot to go shooting on the way home.

We are definitely small compared to the grandness of God's created nature.

One of these days, I will get him to aim. He just likes to point and shoot.

Comments

Angie said…
I just love your family blog, every post. You guys are all so great and I love seeing your family grow!
Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Daisy's baptism day