Aren't kids the greatest? Ha ha, okay if you really know me you would know I definitely have a hard time feeling that way all the time, but there are a few things I do LOVE! Like how about how sweet and happy Dale is when I get him out of the crib in the morning and after his nap? That is really the best experience to have daily, and one I'm positive I will miss when my kids are older.

 He's happy probably 99% of the time when we wakes in the morning or after his morning nap. Sometimes the afternoon nap leaves him groggy if it happens too late in the day.



Me with no makeup...blegh...so just concentrate on Dale's sweet sweet smile!

How about the finicky way that Adaira chooses her clothes? I buy her these cute little outfits, but Miss Girly Girl will wear a stained, faded dress with holes in it over her new, NON-DRESS outfits. As seen below, we have some nice new shorts and T-shirts (which I think are totally cute). She has NEVER worn the brown shorts, and only wore the blue shorts once after I BEGGED and had Frances help me beg, and we all went somewhere, but as soon as we got home Adaira changed her clothes. So really she only wore the shorts (and pink shirt) for about 2 hours...



Instead of these clothes, she will opt for any one of these hand-me-down, thrift store dresses (not a single one of these was purchased new). She goes through every one of these dresses each week. It's all she wants to wear! I'm going to have to hide them when she isn't looking if I want her to wear something else.


And how about the fact that this prissy girl also speaks with a tough and mean Boston accent? (seriously, and I have NO idea where she got it. "More" is said "mow-wah", "Dinner" is "Dinnah," etc., all "er" words end with "ah")

Next on the funny list is Brighton's fit from two nights ago. He got all upset because Adaira got a bedtime story and he didn't because he left his room after we put him to bed. The funniest part of this video (other than the angry 6 year old) is his sweet little sister trying to calm him down with her wisdom. You can hear her softly talking to him saying, "Bwighton, sometimes the answer is just no...when you don't listen" and giving him feedback when he says it's all mom's fault. It is really SOOO cute. Then she tries to bribe him into being good by offering him her gummy bears. These are moments to enjoy!




Also, does all this junk LOOK like it belongs strewn all over my bathroom floor?! Apparently my kids think so... I am counting down the months until I can afford to hire someone to clean my house for me twice a month.

Comments

Just Be You said…
What a sweet sister Adaira is! I couldn't help but smile during this video. It reminded me of how wonderful siblings are too annoy each other .
Angie said…
Twice a month for a house cleaner?! I say once a week (at least for me).

Adaira... love it! I don't know what I'm going to do when our boys get to be that age. UGGG!!

To funny, really! I laughed hard enough for Duane to ask what I was laughing at from the other room.
Carolyn said…
It is so funny because Dale reminds me of Conner and Adaira even reminds me of Ella, but also sort of of Sunny when she was talking to Brighton. Ella is the same way with dresses--she always wants to wear a dress so she can dance--heaven forbid she dances in pants or shorts! And my favorite time of day with Conner is always after his morning nap too!

Popular posts from this blog

Daisy's baptism day