We went back to Jekyll Island a few times during our last few weeks in Georgia. They have this really cool beach called "Driftwood Beach". It's where the huge 100-200yr old Oak Trees grew but then the erosion took away all the sand at their roots and they fell over, leaving an eery cemetery of overturned oak trees. Makes a pretty sweet photo backdrop though! The lighting was great, as was the backdrop, and we spent a lot of time trying to get the perfect picture of our family. I just wanted a single picture with everyone smiling, looking at the camera, no hands in their faces, tongues sticking out, etc. I even had a serious conversation with Brighton and Adaira telling them if they just smiled for every single picture we could be done faster and have more time to play on the beach. I thought I made it sound like compliance was a good idea...this is what we got. Don't be jealous, we are just photogenic that way :o)


I'm smiling in all of them but it was super frustrating! Here are a few that actually turned out kinda cute:
Buddies
Look closely! Brighton blends right in with the huge roots on this tree.


Cutest kids around I have to admit.



Adaira is just a beautiful little girl!

There were a million little bugs flying around us from the trunk of this tree...doesn't make for relaxing picture taking! But seriously, am I the ONLY one that can hold a fake smile or what? Everyone else in this picture is copying Justin. Look at Justin, then Brighton, then Adaira's face. It just makes me laugh. We are one of a kind baby!

Comments

Carolyn said…
Audra,
I'm going to check later tonight and read all you fun posts, but I had to tell you that because of what you said I recently bought The Baby Whisperer and I love it! It has helped me with COnner so much already and so far he is doing very well with her techniques--so thanks for mentioning it--I want to write about it my blog as well and I think I will start recommending it to all new moms--one of the best baby books I have read! Thanks!
Krista said…
Such cute pictures! Your kids are so darling. Really. And I LOVE your haircut. It's so cute on you!!
Justin said…
If you look closely you can see little dots in the pictures. Those are the nasty sand gnats that were swarming that day. Trying to get everyone to hold still and keep the bugs off us was a challenge indeed.

Popular posts from this blog

Daisy's baptism day