Happy Birthday to Me!
Apparently Justin had been conspiring since January to throw me a surprise birthday party. He was super paranoid and wouldn't send out any invitations or emails and only made phone calls. He would take phone numbers off my phone, call people, and delete all records of it from his phone. He was so worried I would find out since I was coming home a few weeks before him and he thought someone might spill the beans. I was perfectly oblivious to it all. Justin told me we had some errands to run (I figured he had a little dinner planned or something) and we dropped the kids off at his parents' house. He took me to Dolce and we got a couples massage, went to dinner, and he had been eluding for about a week that we would have a special night in our big bathtub that he had missed so much, so on the way home from dinner he kept talking about it and how his mom wasn't bringing the kids back over until about an hour after we got home, giving us plenty of time...he even gave me a gift bag with some bath salts and bubbles among other things...SO as you can guess he had me completely unprepared for the approximately 50 people waiting to surprise me at home when I walked through the door (they all couldn't fit in the video). It was great to see everyone especially since most of them I still hadn't seen since getting back from Georgia. There was family, old friends, new friends, work friends, birthmothers, etc. It was awesome and Justin (who was VERY proud of himself by the way - and for good reason) and all of his conspirators did a wonderful job. Justin is very thoughtful and a great husband. I'm so thankful to have him as my companion. And I thought I was being clever by surprising him with a finished bathtub...
Comments
What a neat idea to get a couples message! I'll have to consider that for birthday ideas...