Me, a kidnapper?

My kids are always warned 3-4 times when it is time to leave for school in the morning. Nothing different this morning. Adaira and Brighton were messing around and playing when it was time to go, so I announced "Alright, time to go" and they didn't stop. I announced it again and then counted down from 5 to 1 until I was locking the door. Adaira whined about how she didn't know where her sweater was, and I told her she should have been ready to go and not playing with Brighton. We get in the car and she is upset about her sweater and finally yells "I wish you were dead!" to me (she's a peach isn't she?). I immediately pull over and order her out of the car and tell her to start walking (we were about 150ft from the intersection at Dobson & Galveston). At the light I told her to turn and continue walking to the bus stop another 50-60 ft away. At that point I asked her to apologize and picked her up at the bus stop and we headed to school.

We ran a few errands and didn't get home until about 2.5hrs later, where a police cruiser was parked out front! I thought that was odd and so I got out of the car and met him in the driveway totally oblivious to why he could be there. He nicely said that he had a report of an apparent kidnapping of a little girl at a bus stop, and then the driving erratically on the 202 (the school is off Gilbert & Ocotillo) to "get away". Someone called 911 and followed me all the way to the 202 and took my plate number! I explained to him the situation and what was said and the punishment given, and apologize to him that he had wasted two hours waiting, we both laughed and he said he hoped my daughter "gets over the kidnapping" by the end of the day.

I can see the headline:
"Mom in minivan full of kids kidnaps little girl at bus stop and takes her to school!"

I can't stop laughing...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daisy's baptism day