April/May

Easter

The Easter Bunny pooped eggs and chocolate all over our yard again this year.




 I will mention that while our pictures are all about the Easter egg hunt, we did sit down and have a lesson on the real meaning of Easter. The hunt was done near the end of the day.

Daisy joined in with Daddy's help



The Easter bunny even laid eggs in the apple tree! (We lost this tree to gophers - it fell over - less than 2 months later)

Enjoying their spoils. I'm a pretty lenient mom in some respects, and one is with their Halloween and Easter candy. I don't save it and only give them 2 pieces a day for a month. Just get it over with I say. I remember doing it as a kid and I loved the feeling of having all of that candy to myself. I just draw the line at meal time, they can't be snacking on it within an hour of meals. The candy rarely lasts more than 3 days.

Miss Daisy.

Always gives sweet smiles


And Dale is always up for a goofy face.


We had our Owens cousins over one night and as everyone was getting ready to leave I put the younger two kids in the bathtub. Cousin Levi wandered in and saw them in there and thought it looked like fun, so he got in fully clothed!

Brighton's First Pinewood Derby


This was actually in March, but when you are this far behind on blogging it's okay to post things out of order! Justin did a great job and letting Brighton have responsibility for making his own car, even if it wasn't the best out there. Brighton spent a lot of time out in the garage sanding it, and then we went and got a Superman skin to go over the whole thing. It's a shame we didn't actually take a picture of the car.

Brighton won some and lost some, but everyone got an award.

Dale ruined one of the group pictures running through at the last second, in true Dale fashion.
Giving out tasty awards.

April

In April there was a fair at Adaira's school. I was a vendor at the fair selling my Skinny Wraps, so the whole family came and Justin took the kids on the fun stuff while I manned my booth.
Can you tell that Dale loves this kind of stuff?
Riding ponies, Brighton looks thrilled.







Before heading out to another school fair, Justin took this picture of me. This fair was actually on my birthday. I told Justin it was my gift to myself to promote my business.
That night after I got home, Justin had my favorite dessert waiting for me. A Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie. Yumm!

Some more random cuteness from our little tow head. This girl loves being outside.


Also in April we went to the Chateau de Vie for Dr. Clifford Goodman's 70th birthday party. The Goodmans have been lifelong friends to my side of the family, and I spent what seemed like at least one day a week at their house growing up. Cliff delivered two of my children, my best delivery experiences! He and Dina have a special place in my heart. There are also perks to having such successful acquaintances, such as this fun party ;) Everyone wores ties in honor of Cliff.
Mom
Toward the end of the night I tired of trying to keep Daisy away from the cake and snow cones and resigned myself to throwing her in the bathtub when we got home anyway.
Dale fell off the wall to the bouncy house (after being warned not to climb up there) and learned his lesson after he shed a few tears.

So fun to be at such a fabulous property!
Nick took a bunch of us on a tour of the mansion and it was pretty cool to see the architectual features and secret passageways and general opulence of that place. Can I mention I wasn't jealous in the least? I just kept thinking what a nightmare it would be to maintain. No thanks.

May

In May Brighton and Adaira started asking me if they could invite all of their friends over and have a 'water wars' party. I decided to be a good mom for once and let them do it. Sent out an Evite to the girls in Adaira's class and the boys in Brighton's. We played water kickball with a slip and slide for home base and little kiddie pools for the 1-3rd bases. The girls lost interest pretty quickly but the boys played for a while. We also had a water balloon toss and a squirt gun war, pizza, fruit/veggies,and dessert. We had a great turnout and all the kids had a wonderful time.

Wow. Adaira, you look....wet?


I tried to capture the essence of children all over my backyard but the pictures didn't do it justice. They were in the yard, on the playground, on the trampoline, on the patio, everywhere!
As they were getting ready to go home, Adaira begged for me to take pictures of her with her friends.
Dale kept asking me to take a picture of him, after seeing Adaira get her pictures taken, so finally I did and this is the face he gave me, on PURPOSE! I said "Dale, smile!" and he gave me this face. Such an odd duck...
After I showed him that picture he wanted to take another one and said he would smile.
Adaira with her friends. She is such a social butterfly and makes best friends wherever she goes. The other moms were telling me how much their girls were going to miss Adaira since she isn't returning to Athlos next year. I'm not worried about Adaira switching schools though, she is going to have 10 new best friends by the end of her first day of school.

Another smile from Dale.

Daisy hung outside with us during the water wars party too.

And we'll just end this post with a few more sweet pictures of our sweet flower girl.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daisy's baptism day