Oh What Do You Do in The Summer Time?
We went bowling...
Brighton tried to change his scores...cheater
Brighton actually beat me the first game, WITHOUT bumpers! I suck at bowling...but look at me pose with this ball!
I happen to believe that this could be one of the cutest pictures ever taken of my little rascal. He enjoyed the first game of bowling but was pretty much over it by the time we started the second game. And do you know why they have those warnings at the top of the opening for the ball return? It's because if your hand is in there the same time a ball comes up, your hand will get stuck! Ask Dale all about that...
Little brother. Big brother. I love my boys. I also love the look of those bowling shoes, gotta find me some used ones!
We stayed up late and watched fireworks on the 4th of July
Dale squirted unsuspecting people in the dark.
Brighton was mean to Adaira so she came up to us in the back of the truck and asked us through her sad tearful pout to punish him... and then when we didn't she got over it and went back to her chair.
Dale was in and out of the truck pretty constantly during the 10 minute show.
I love this fine looking man
We went to the summer movies at Harkins
The picture I took of Brighton and Adaira turned out fuzzy so I only have this one of Dale. Good thing he's so dang cute.
We went to the park/splash pad
I'm pretty sure the swing above is meant for bigger special needs kids. I had to laugh at how this shot of Dale really seemed to fit the bill for some reason, ha ha.
Anyone else notice how enormous Dale is? This kid is so tall and heavy (though he doesn't look heavy, but he must be made of cement inside...)
This little girl lost two bottom teeth this summer
Her older brother lost two teeth (on top) as well.
Gotta love getting wet before you play on the playground
We had lots of popcorn
Just look at the anticipation while waiting the 2 minutes for the popcorn to be done.They think it's so exciting when I let them throw down a blanket in the family room and have a "picnic" in there.
We stayed up past our bedtimes playing...
This picture is just soooo Dale. He is so very unique.
Practicing his circus act
This girl started crawling and standing with support
and she started making this so-adorable-I-could-eat-her-up squishy face when I ask her to smile for the camera..
She had all of us laughing
Smile Daisy!
I love this beautiful face so much.
and I can't get enough of her different expressions!
Big smiles, all day long!
This isn't the best picture and she's pulling my shirt down, but I added it because I love that she looked at the camera and smiled!One of the THE best things about a baby this age is that I can be at one end of the room in the kitchen and she will be about 30 feet away in the family room, but as soon as I lock eyes with her she gives me the best smile.
Right after she saw me snap the above picture, Adaira ran over and grabbed Daisy and wanted a picture taken with her.
Immediately after the picture was taken she abruptly let go of Daisy to come run and see the picture on the camera. Never mind that she had been propping Daisy up in the picture and when she let her go, Daisy fell backwards and hit her head on the wall behind her... Adaira had to go back and comfort her after that.
We went swimming
See Marisa (David's wife) in the background? They were at the pool with us for a bit before they decided to head home.
Daisy's first time in the water. She just wanted to crawl all around and didn't quite get the concept that she would not be able to breath when she got her face in the water...
Testing out our new waterproof/shockproof (hopefully Dale proof!) camera. In the picture below you can see me on the right and Adaira on the left. Sorry but I was NOT going to open my eyes underwater in a public pool...
It took a while for Dale to warm up to all the stuff in the play area (he never did go up the steps to go down the little slide)
Life with little kids...
More underwater pictures.
Brighton doing a "flip" off of the diving board!
Going off the high dive. He said he wanted to dive but I talked him out of it. He's not the most proficient diver and belly/back flops off the high dive are super painful. I learned that for myself when I did a flip off the high dive at Arrowhead pool when I was a kid.
Coming down the slide.
Justin calls this picture "the walk of shame." He got Dale all the way up to the top of the big slide but Dale was too short to go down, so they had to come back down the stairs.
Adaira loves to play mommy. Daisy doesn't like to play baby though...
Someone's ready to call it a day.
We tried to make it a fun summer and I think we succeeded. It was a pretty good one! Next post is Brighton's back to school picture. He started school on July 23rd!
Comments