"Have you made the blog private yet?" - Special Agent Justin Owens "No" - Me "We need to do that" - Special Agent Justin Owens "Why?" - Me "BeCAUSE I don't want people to see our stuff. There's weirdos and pedophiles out there and I don't want people to have access to our stuff" - Special Agent Justin Owens "But we have friends who aren't really close friends that look at it" - Me "What about people that don't like law enforcement and the IRS and see stuff like this and come do crap to our house" - Special Agent Justin Owens "Ha Ha" - Me as I type this as he is talking to me. "They could come shoot us!" - Special Agent Justin Owens as he quietly shakes his head and gets up and leaves and mocks me for mocking him. "I'm drinking milk without a cup so there!" - Special Agent Justin Owens Okay I guess I should make our blog private. Justin is in law enforc...
Popular posts from this blog
Daisy's baptism day
Today Daisy was baptized by her big brother Brighton. My mom and Adaira got to be the witnesses, grandma Joanna gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, and Dale gave the closing prayer (after Dad has to rush during the closing song to help him put back on his tie and button up his shirt. Brighton was the pianist except for Adaira who played "When I am Baptized" for a special musical number. (A set of twins from another family was also baptized and their kids sang and played the violin). Here is what she has to say about her special day: I felt happy and felt the Holy Ghost. The water was a little cold. At first I was nervous but now I'm happy. I was excited to be baptized and I want to be a kind member of the church. My dad, grandpa Dean and grandpa Dale, great Uncle Dale, uncles Trent, Dean, Don, Duane and David confirmed me. Dad blessed me to seek a testimony of Jesus Christ and of Joseph Smith. He asked her to find quiet times in her life away from screens and devices to be...
I may just be opening up myself to a bunch of judgment and criticisms with this post here but it is what it is. I've been thinking a lot about motherhood for the past few months. Most of my thinking stems from guilt I feel about my lack of mothering skills, in that I just don't seem to live for being a mom like so many other women I know. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids! But I also love my alone time, the time I have to work part time with other adults, and the time when all the kids are safely tucked in bed. Growing up I didn't dream about being a mom. I didn't like to babysit AT ALL! When it came time to start our family it really wasn't out of a longing desire to be parents (though I was excited for the new chapter in our lives), it was more about timing and that we'd been married a couple years and it just seemed like it was time to start a family. I'm not the super fun mom I always thought I would be, and my lack of "natural" capabil...
Comments