The Greatest Show on Earth!

It's been nearly two decades since I went to the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus, and even longer for Justin, so we thought it would be fun to take the older two kids this year on opening night. We only had cheap upper level seats, but Brighton & Adaira really enjoyed themselves and it was fun to feel the excitement when all the music started and all lights and action came out on the floor.

 Our tickets included a free round trip pass on the light rail to get to and from the US Airways center, so at the last minute we decided to park and take the train just for the experience. It was a 40 minute ride!




 Adaira's second train ride, Brighton's first. It got a little crowded the closer we got to Phoenix, but it was fun and we didn't have to pay for parking!

 The opening act with all the dancers and clowns, the guy on stilts really creeps me out...
 the show didn't end until 9pm. The last 15 minutes was pretty tiring for Brighton (mid-yawn here) and Adaira...
 The final act for the pachyderms!

We were really glad we were able to leave Dale with Frances for the evening. When we finally arrived home at 11pm she was up with him and we found out that he had been throwing up (apparently a stomach bug had already circulated her daycare the week prior). It would have been a nightmare if we would have had him with us! No spare clothes, no car, phew!

Below are just a few cute pictures of this little guy. I've had a few people tell me I should nip his finger sucking habit in the bud. NOT HAPPENING! He is way too cute. Maybe when he's 5 and still doing it I'll put my foot down.
 Not a flattering picture of me, but I think his enormous smile is so funny here.
 I caught Dale just making a whole bunch of entertaining faces while he was eating lunch the other day. He started just resting his face on his hand while eating like he was bored out of his mind, and then started giving me these evil little grins. I just love this boy. I love watching his personality develop and love how cuddly he is. I've enjoyed his cuddling so much that it causes me anxiety about having this next baby because I know I won't be able to enjoy him as much. I'm really appreciating it all right now and loving being his mom. I don't know what I'd do without him!




Just a few pictures of our crop this year. It's so rewarding to grow food in our backyard. We don't have a garden yet, but our apples and peaches are exploding and they (especially the peaches) are soooo delicious! I've probably picked at least 40lbs of yummy peaches off the tree this week alone! I made peach leather just like my mom used to make, but unfortunately nobody else appreciated the nostalgic taste but me...Oh well! 
 We've had a few chickens die and a few get lost so we are down to just 8 of them now. I'll be searching out some new chicks this fall.

Comments

Trent & Lindz said…
I'm way jealous of your fruit trees! So much fun!!! We're hoping for a couple citrus trees soon in our backyard. Next time you make fruit leather and no one else wants any just give me a call :) I grew up eating it too and I love it! Those kids of yours are so cute! I need to come in sometime and pick up little Dale for the day to play with Luke. Next time you need a sitter or something for him let me know.
Just Be You said…
The Circus looks like a lot of fun entertainment . I am not sure I have ever been to the actual Barnum and Bailey Circus. Next time it comes in to town we are going to check it out. How was the light rail experience? We keep wanting to take the kiddos and try it out .
I love these pictures of Dale he is seriously the cutest kid . I love all of his expressions and this huge personality bubbling out of a tiny body :)

Popular posts from this blog

Daisy's baptism day