In General,

Life has been pretty normal lately aside from one great, astronomical, life changing, glorious thing: Dale was accepted into the CUSD Priority Preschool! Not the best news for Dale, because it meant he scored below the 15th percentile in at least one area, but good that he is going to get specialized help within the special education programs and it's FREE. He goes to school M/W/F from 8-10:30am. He rides the bus, so he is actually out of the house by 7:10am and gets home anywhere from 10:40-11am. I literally cried when I found out he was accepted (I would have cried either way really). Dale needed this, I needed this, and either way it was going to happen because I was ready for a nervous breakdown and needed a break, but this way it's free :)
 I was so excited, but a little sad that Dale was terrified to leave on the bus that first morning. I had taken him to school one time before to take a tour. It was about 45 minutes until their school day was over so the teacher asked me if I wanted to leave him there since he was technically supposed to start that day. I thought it sounded like a good idea, since that way he could ride the bus home and get a feel for it. He came off the bus alright, but two days later he wasn't quite ready to go all on his own. It took a few weeks for him to willingly get on the bus without some sadness, but now he does it just great. He still isn't willing to smile or wave at me through the window though...

 I snapped these pictures of Justin in the backyard moving fencing so we could plant winter grass for the sheep. I thought it was cute how Dale was out there following him around and being his "helper"




 Since I was outside that day taking pictures, everyone else ventured outside as well. It was the beginning of nice cooler weather, so why not?
 Ms. Daisy is working on her walking. She started later than any of my other kids at almost 11.5 months (Brighton was walking at 10mo, Adaira was at 9mo, Dale at 10mo). I think part of it has to do with her being so thin. She was our biggest newborn, but she turned into our thinnest baby (I think my milk factory produced more skim milk in latter pregnancies).

 I love her, she always has such a sweet look on her face.

 Not so steady on her feet yet...


 I love these pictures, the light catches the blue in her eyes just right.

 Adaira came out and wanted some camera time. Pose #1
 Funny how bald my babies are, but man they get a TON of hair later on. Adaira has super thick hair (by my standards anyway).
 Pretty blue eyes....and she knows it!
 Brighton is such a great big brother to Ms. Daisy.
  Best buddies/Worst enemies. Depends on the minute...

Dale likes to explore, as if that's news to anyone. He climbs up,
 He climbs over,

 He climbs down,
 Hey Dale, come back, don't go over by the crazy horse (yep that white horse is nuts)
 Climbs back up to the top but has no intention of coming down until he gets close enough for mom to yank him down.




I don't know what else to say about that kid, he's special, and I try to be patient. Most of the time I fail at that, but I try to keep perspective that someday I might just miss all of this. I know I'll at least miss their cute little faces, their giggles and smiles, their desires to play and talk my ear off. I'll miss it, every day I tell myself that. Every. Day.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daisy's baptism day