10 Months
This Lovely Little Girl
has been in our family for 10 months now! (on the 6th anyway)
Daisy continues to be such a sweet spirit in our home and I just love going to get her in the mornings or from her nap and have her greet me with her smiling face. She is so easy -going that I often feel guilty that she gets left in her crib probably longer than she should be because she doesn't even cry or make any noise at all when she wakes up. She just plays and waits for me to come get her. Justin and I often feel like we are drowning in relation to our parental responsibilities and the needs of each of our kids, but I tell you if I could ensure that another baby would be a girl like Daisy I might consider having another child a few years from now. Unfortunately I have a pretty strong impression that another child would be a boy, and my boys have been difficult babies and I don't even need to mention the trial Dale has been for me the past three years... Anyway, this little girl is awesome.
She's crying here because she was just pushed over by one of her siblings and hit her face on the ottoman.
Give her a minute and she cheers right up though, even though her red mark on her forehead is still plenty fresh.
When Daisy and I are chilling at home during Dale's nap time, we entertain ourselves with Chloe (the cat). Chloe gets bored and loves to stalk Daisy. She follows her around and teases her relentlessly, staying just out of her reach but when Daisy's back is turned Chloe will run up behind her and jump off of her or swat at her and then run away. It is so funny! I decided to take a video of it the other day to try and catch something funny. I was watching the video on the computer yesterday and Chloe jumps up and starts swatting at Daisy on the screen, ha ha ha. Kittens are so annoyingly funny.
Daisy is so good about looking into the camera and smiling.
I love her serious face here.
Daisy loves to eat. I'm pretty sure she has Justin's metabolism because she is so skinny but eats like a horse!
I love how much more feminine a headband makes her look, unfortunately she's at the stage where she is yanking them all off. Too bad because she's still totally bald!
Daisy gets so excited when I talk to her and she's ready to get out of her eating chair. She starts waving those arms around and squealing....
Daisy still does not have any teeth! Her top and bottom teeth both look like they are so ready to pop through but despite all the slobbering and bouts of fussiness they still stay just under her swollen gums. It's obvious when Daisy can feel them coming because she has her tongue out all.the.time.
She's not walking yet but she cruises all around and can stand by herself for little bits at a time. She tries to take steps but falls over as soon as she does it. Soon Daisy, soon.
Daisy has discovered that the trash and various drawers in the kitchen have items that she can sift through. She will pull herself up to standing and just pick up the plastic food storage containers out of one of our drawers and look at them and just drop them over her shoulder so she can pick up another one. She's toppled the trash can a couple of times, but as of recently she only gets that curious streak in her once or twice a week. It's not an ALL DAY EVERY DAY type routine like her wonderful older brother.
Daisy is so wonderful and Brighton comments several times a week about how sweet she is and how he just loves her. He said a few weeks ago that he didn't know what he'd do if something ever happened to her because "she's just so sweet". He's felt this way since she was born though. I have a voicemail saved on my phone from a message he left me when he was at home and I was still in the hospital after having her. It says "I'm calling to tell you good night. So, good night. And why can't you just come home already?....and how is Daisy doing? She's just...so cute, and I totally do not want anything to ever happen to her, okay? Okay, bye." He's such a good big brother to her and Dale. Adaira loves Daisy too and tries to mother her but doesn't get the best reaction from Daisy. Kudos to Adaira for caring though. She's a big helper when I'm making dinner and Daisy needs someone to watch her or help feed her. Dale seems to like Daisy enough when he isn't trying to pull WME wrestling moves on her...
We love you sweet baby girl!
Comments
You are looking thin and beautiful, Audra.
We're excited for you to come next week. The boys have been counting down the days on the wall, each day (we have a picture of you and Justin on the wall and each morning they move it down another number).
We are actually going out to Massachusetts this weekend from Friday morning till Monday night so it will make your visit come even quicker. yay!