A Nice Surprise!

Many of you can probably guess that Dale is rough with 99.9% of everything around him (toys, household objects, his older siblings, etc.). There are many toys and books in our home that I bought when I had Brighton and they have survived he and Adaira but were destroyed by Dale. I am happy to say that there is one thing in our home that Dale is surprisingly gentle with, and that is his new baby sister. I have been so shocked to see him sitting quietly next to her like this and softly stroking her head or gently patting her leg if she is fussing. In these first pictures he just grabbed himself a toy so he could go and sit by her and play with it.

I tried to catch his little hand on her head but he moved it and wouldn't put it back.

Daisy's bassinet is still next to our bed. Last night I was heading to wake up Daisy from her short afternoon nap when I saw the lights on and the door open to our room. I thought "Oh great, Daaaaale!!!" and wondered what trouble he was getting into in our room or bathroom. This is what I walked in to find and it melted my heart.

I still don't know where our camera is but I couldn't stand to not get a picture of this. I grabbed my work phone and snapped some pictures. After the first picture Dale decided he wanted a blanket like Daisy so he got out and ran, got his blanket, and joined her in the bassinet again.

I love that Dale has a sweet sensitive side for baby Daisy. He is going to be a great big brother just like Brighton was to little Adaira.

Comments

Brett M said…
Yeah Dale! Because I know from experience that it is NO FUN to have a son beating up on his sister. Poor Eliza is lucky to be alive an un-maimed.

Popular posts from this blog

Daisy's baptism day