Things I Love
Letting our kids go crazy in the monsoon rain
I glanced into the living room the other day wondering where Dale was because I hadn't heard any trouble in the house for a few minutes. This is what I found. I love that even though he will never watch TV alone, he is happy to chill with his big brother and watch some cartoons. He will do this with Adaira, too. I love that Brighton just naturally puts his arm around Dale.
Me and Dale are getting a lot of alone time now that Brighton and Adaira are in school. It has been so WONDERFUL! Dale is great at playing by himself and with me. We usually sit and cuddle for 30 minutes a day watching Baby Einstein (blegh! I mostly snooze through it but at least I get to cuddle with this little guy). Justin took this picture because he thought Dale was funny with his hand on his crotch... This picture is just the epitome of Justin's little princess.
She put a flower in her hair and wanted a picture with her doll next...
Dale loves his blueberries, and any other snack he can get his hands on
I love to show kids the amazing summer storms. This was the "Haboob" that hit us about a month ago and caused a lot of messy damage in the valley. We watched it roll right into our yard.
This is what it looked like as soon as it hit. These specs are dirt, not water...
I love how Brighton put on his night vision goggles so he could keep reading after we told him it was time for "lights out"
Brighton got to spend some one on one time with Dad when he went to his first baseball game with Justin, Trent, and Grandpa Dale.
I love the random goofy pictures that make up the moments of our lives that I just don't have words to blog about...
I have a cute little family. I have to remind myself each day to enjoy this while it lasts. My kids won't always want to play with me or talk my ear off. In the future the biggest concern I have for them won't be that they eat all their dinner or brush their teeth at night. They won't always jump at the opportunity to cuddle with us and watch TV in the evening, or have a bedtime song for being extra good that day. It's hard to remember those things when I'm so irritated from a house that is messy from strung out toys from one end to the other, the fighting or complaining that we aren't eating either bean burritos, sandwiches, or mac'n'cheese for dinner, or the screaming because one hit the other... I just need to breathe, and remind myself... that it will probably all just get worse in the future :) so enjoy the innocent annoyances now!
Comments
My only hope is to live now with no regrets so that when they do get older and don't want to be at home every night that I can look back to when they were younger and know that we had a lot of good times. I also need to remember that the way they may act outwardly doesn't show their true potential as adults.