POOP
Last week I went in to get Dale up from his nap. Not wanting to hurt his eyes, I nicely chose not to turn on the light when I went to get him out of his crib. I put one hand under his arm and the other under his bottom to lift him up out of his crib. Instead of a nice padded bottom, I felt a warm mushy grossness... Apparently it's a big mistake to put your child to bed with just a shirt and a diaper on. Dale had woken up, pooped, taken off his diaper and thrown it out of his crib. Unfortunately before he threw it out of the crib he stepped in it and proceeded to walk all over his crib and try to crawl up the side. He still had a nice glob stuck between his cheeks as well (which was now on my hand). The kid was all smiles though, it's like he knew he had done something different that day... Oh motherhood is a wonderful thing!
Laugh it up Dale...
If only I could say you'll get yours one day, but the fact is you probably won't since you'll never be a mother. Good thing you're too cute to stay mad at!
I don't have any new pictures of Brighton...I need to remember to get the camera out when he's home from school, but the hours between school and bedtime are crazy with homework, cranky Dale, dinner, etc.
Adaira's face is getting better from the big kiss she gave the concrete a few weeks ago, and we haven't had any more mishaps since then!
The other good news of late is that I made $1,000 on Craigslist in the last two weeks between selling horse stalls that we've never used and will never need, an extra shower pan we bought but didn't use when we were building the house, and our fat old TV (which I'm still surprised we were able to sell so fast!). We got rid of our old TV to use Frances' TV. The bulb burned out and they were going to throw it away, so we opted to try and buy a replacement bulb (about $85) and see if we could get it to work. It's slightly larger and not as deep as ours so we could actually put it in the TV niche and not have a TV sitting on our family room floor anymore. The new bulb worked and we sold the old TV within a day on Craigslist for $50. I'm excited because we are going to use that money to get some rubber mulch to go under the playground so it can be a safer play area. The mulch was going to cost over $1,000 new but I found some used mulch (someone getting rid of their playground and they have exactly the amount of mulch we need) on Craigslist for $450. What to spend the rest of the money on?... So many projects yet to do around here...
Comments
Two days ago when I picked Tristen out of bed I felt a warm liquid dripping down my arm as I held him. He had thick diarrhea leaking from the front and back. I was able to get his blanket to catch most of the rest of the dripping before rushing to the bathroom for a family shower. Sickening!
Dale is sure a cutie though!